Our Service Commitment:
- Prioritizing patient safety and providing high quality EMS, including communications and call taking, preparing for arrival, assessing the incident scene, patient assessment and treatment, transporting the patient and transfer
- Preventing infections and minimizing exposure to hazards
- Ensuring safe operation of EMS vehicles, equipment and medical devices
- Increasing community awareness of EMS and establishing strong partnerships for public education and emergency preparedness
- Building a high performing EMS team, including medical oversight, interdisciplinary teams and work-life balance
- Maintaining user-friendly and effective clinical and information systems for all patients and calls
- Monitoring quality and safety and achieving positive outcomes through data collection and the use of quality indicators
The above aligns with the EMS standards developed by Accreditation Canada.
- Further, we pride ourselves in: Meeting the needs of our patients through the delivery of high-quality services and care.
- Taking an active role by supporting local charities and community projects as it relates to bettering the life of the communities we serve.
- Providing safe working conditions and a culture of respect demonstrating honesty, integrity, equity, courtesy and professionalism. As a service provider and colleague, we are all accountable.
- Promoting lifelong learning and supporting people to do their best through development, coaching and motivation.
- A culture that recognizes and cultivates culture that recognizes and cultivates dynamic leadership.
Island EMS Strategic Plan 2022-2027
Please click here to check out what we are up to in 2023.