Prescreening Process for
Island EMS Paramedics
All potential new hires selected from our application process must attend a pre-screening session, held in Charlottetown, PEI. These sessions will consist of a panel interview, scenarios, skills stations, written PCR (Patient Care Report) and driving test.
All application requirements must be received by the deadline to be considered for hire. Please send your application to Human Resources at [email protected].
Island EMS is happy to announce we will be hosting a Pre-Screen session in January 2023. Our goal is to hold orientation week January 16th – January 20th 2023.
Pre-Screen Application: December 28th, 2022
Please note that your invitation to the orientation sessions will be based on the results from the pre-screening. You will find a list of required documents below:
- Current Resume & Cover Letter
- Current PEI Paramedic License
- Current CPR card
- Copy of diploma/degree
- Class 4 Driver’s License; must be fully graduated/unrestricted
- Driver’s abstract; issued within the last 90 days
- Valid Driver’s course certificate (CEVO); issued within the last 2 years
- Criminal Records check with vulnerable sector; issued within the last 90 days
- Confirmation of HEP. B vaccination
- Confirmation of COVID-19 vaccination (Boosters are encouraged)
- Confirmation of successful completion of the Paramedic Physical Abilities Test (PPAT) within one (1) year of application
- For more information on the PPAT through Holland College, contact [email protected]
For more information on obtaining a Prince Edward Island EMT license, click here.
More information on current job opportunities:
- Part-Time & Full-Time Permanent opportunities
- Permanent employees offered health, dental, life, LTD, pension and other extended benefits
Applicant is responsible for transportation to work
24 Hour service; must be able to work days, nights, weekends and Holidays
Island EMS offers a range of opportunities in a number of different fields, including:
- Mobile Integrated Health Unit
- Mobile Mental Health Unit
- Clinical Support Desk Unit
- Collaborative Emergency Care
- Transport Operators
- For more information, please inquire at [email protected]